Tuesday 8 January 2013

It's Tuesday and I'm blogging!

I've only been at work for two days, and short days at that but I feel exhausted! However, I vowed I would blog, so I'm blogging.

I thought I would catch up on some unblogged things I'd made since I last visited these cybershores so first up is a tunic I made but don't like. I had a soft, pale blue duvet cover that hadn't been used much and didn't fit my usual duvet so, excited by the huge bits of fabric duvet covers are made from, I cut it up. One of my daughters bought me a lovely tunic from Fat Face a couple of years ago which I wear a lot and the idea was to go for something similar and if it didn't work well, hey, it was only a duvet cover.
This is what it looked like when I first finished it- before alterations



It didn't work. Well not completely or maybe just not for me. I used New Look 6962 and I've seen some great versions of it on Sewing Pattern Review but I don't think it's quite me.
I thought there was far too much width in the skirt and in the sleeves so I ran them both in quite a bit.
Better but no cigar
After reducing the width in the skirt and sleeves






 Then I did a bit of fancy stitching running stitch with some 4 ply knitting yarn around the neckline. I quite like that bit actually!


Not perfectly even, I know, but I like the effect anyway.



Don't look too closely.

I've worn it a few times- it's very comfortable- but I don't think I'll be wearing it out of the house unless I'm wearing a concealing cardigan over it. Maybe if I got rid of that little tie.... maybe if I took the elastic out and let it hang straight.... maybe if I wore a different bra.... ah, never mind, it's just a duvet cover.


2 comments:

  1. Tuesday blog day - you did remember!!! Like the idea of the stitching around the neckarea. Pity you aren't so fussed on the finished top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful! I just found your blog, love your style! Coco

    ReplyDelete