Thursday 6 October 2011

Catching up

Well the party in Zwickau went very well although it was the hottest day of the summer. Emily and I did our singing bit with Marcel and Marcus's help but it was in an Anthropologie dress not the pale yellow linen one I had intended to wear. (Just me in the Anthro dress, not everyone- that would just be weird!) I did finish the yellow dress when I got home again (I made Simplicity 2648 in the end) and I'm quite pleased with it- it fits well and seems to look good with every cardigan I possess (that's a lot of cardigans, by the way). It is thin enough to count the polka dots on my knickers though so I now have to make a slip to wear under it. Grr.

I have done quite a lot of sewing recently that I haven't written about here and I'm determined at some point to organise pictures and proper reviews of patterns. I finished a skirt (Butterick 5566) today that I started 4 months ago from fabric left over from making my mother a skirt about 27 years ago! I am always surprised by fabric's ability to transport you through time. I remember her trying on the original skirt and her positive reaction to it. Mine doesn't suit me as well as hers suited her but it will remind me of her when I wear it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment